Are you planning a trip to Camotes Island and wondering how to get there from Cebu? Look no further!
In this article, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to make your journey as smooth as possible. From ferry schedules and fares to fastcraft options, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Ferry Schedule and Fare from Cebu to Camotes Island and Vice Versa
When it comes to traveling from Cebu to Camotes Island, there are two main ferry operators that offer regular trips: OceanJet and Jomalia Shipping.
OceanJet departs from Pier 1 in Cebu City and arrives at Poro Port in Camotes Island. The travel time is approximately 2 hours. The ticket prices vary depending on the seating class: 500 pesos for open-air seats, 600 pesos for tourist class seats, and 1000 pesos for business class seats.
You can book your tickets online at OceanJet’s website or purchase them at the port.
6.00 am Cebu
3.00 pm Cebu
7:30 am Camotes
4:30 pm Camotes
Jomalia Shipping, on the other hand, departs from Danao Port in Cebu and arrives at Consuelo Port in Camotes Island. The travel time is also around 2 hours. The ticket prices for Jomalia Shipping are more affordable, with options like 300 pesos for economy seats. You can book your tickets online at Jomalia’s website or buy them at the port.
5:30 am Danao, Cebu
8:30 am Danao, Cebu
2:30 pm Danao, Cebu
5:30 pm Danao, Cebu
5:30 am Consuelo, Camotes
8:30 am Consuelo, Camotes
2:30 pm Consuelo, Camotes
5:30 pm Consuelo, Camotes
Fastcraft Schedule and Fare from Cebu to Camotes Island and Vice Versa
If you’re looking for a faster option, Super Shuttle Ferry provides fastcraft services from Cebu to Camotes Island.
Super Shuttle Ferry departs from Pier 8 in Cebu City and arrives at Poro Port in Camotes Island. The travel time is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. The ticket prices for Super Shuttle Ferry range from 400 pesos for economy seats, 450 pesos for tourist class seats, to 500 pesos for business class seats. You can book your tickets online at Super Shuttle Ferry’s website or purchase them at the port.
Comparing Ferry Transport with Fastcraft
Now that you know the ferry and fastcraft options, let’s compare their pros and cons:
- Cheaper ticket prices compared to fastcrafts
- More spacious seating options
- Enjoy scenic views during the journey
- More generous luggage allowance
- Slower travel time compared to fastcrafts
- More prone to delays or cancellations due to weather conditions
- Tends to be more crowded, especially during peak seasons
- Faster travel time, saving you more time to explore Camotes Island
- More reliable schedule with frequent trips
- Less likely to cause seasickness
- Higher ticket prices compared to ferries
- Less comfortable seating options with limited legroom
- Stricter baggage policies
Best Places to Stay in Camotes
While you’re in Camotes Island, you’ll need a comfortable place to stay. Here are three great options:
Mangodlong Rock Resort: Arguably one of the most stunning resorts on Camtoes Islands. The resort is surrounded by water and has access to a lovely area to relax with pools and nice rooms too.
Camotes Flying Fish Resort: A beautiful resort right by the water offers access to massage and a great restaurant on-site.
Sunset Vista Seafront Guest House: For a truly breathtaking view, Sunset Vista Seafront Guest House is the place to be. This guest house offers stunning views of the ocean and beautiful sunsets. It’s a perfect spot for a romantic getaway.
Travel Tips for Camotes Island
To make the most of your trip to Camotes Island, consider these travel tips:
- The best time to visit Camotes Island is from November to May, during the dry season, for sunny weather and calm seas.
- If you’re traveling from Cebu City, you can easily reach the ports (Pier 1 or Pier 8) by taxi, Grab, or Angkas. If you’re coming from Cebu, Danao Port, you can take a bus or van from the North Bus Terminal.
- Getting around Camotes Island is convenient with options like renting a motorcycle, bicycle, or tricycle. You can also hire a habal-habal or multicab for a day tour.
- For dining options, check out Pito’s Sutukil and Baywalk Restaurant.
- Some top activities and attractions in Camotes Island include swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, island hopping, hiking, exploring caves like Timubo Cave and Paraiso Cave, visiting Lake Danao Park, and checking out historical sites like San Francisco Church.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to plan your trip to Camotes Island!
Whether you choose to take a ferry or a fastcraft, you’ll be in for a memorable adventure.
Enjoy the stunning scenery, relax on the beautiful beaches, and immerse yourself in the rich culture of Camotes Island.
Important Frequently Asked Questions:
How Much Is the Fare from Cebu to Camotes Island?
The ferry fare from Cebu to Camotes Island varies depending on the operator and seating class. For example, OceanJet offers tickets ranging from 500 pesos to 1000 pesos, while Jomalia Shipping offers tickets ranging from 200 pesos to 400 pesos. Fastcraft fares, such as those offered by Super Shuttle Ferry, range from 400 pesos to 500 pesos.
How Much Is the Fastcraft Fare from Cebu to Camotes?
The fastcraft fare from Cebu to Camotes varies depending on the seating class. For example, Super Shuttle Ferry offers tickets ranging from 400 pesos for economy seats to 500 pesos for business class seats.
Why Is Camotes Island Famous?
Camotes Island is famous for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning natural beauty. It’s a paradise for beach lovers and nature enthusiasts. The island is also known for its friendly locals, rich cultural heritage, and delicious seafood cuisine.