If you’re a nature lover looking for an exhilarating adventure in Cebu, then you’re in for a treat!
The province is home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in the Philippines, each with its own unique charm and beauty. From hidden gems tucked away in the lush jungles to popular cascades that have become tourist favorites, Cebu’s waterfalls are sure to leave you in awe.
In this article, we’ll take you on a journey to discover the 10 best Cebu waterfalls, including some hidden gems that you won’t want to miss. So, grab your swimsuit, pack your camera, and let’s dive in!
1. Tumalog Falls – Beautiful Gem
Located in Oslob, Tumalog Falls is a true gem in Cebu. As you approach the falls, you’ll be greeted by a stunning curtain-like cascade that gracefully flows down the rocks. The turquoise pool at the base of the falls is perfect for a refreshing dip, and the misty atmosphere adds a touch of enchantment to the whole experience.
To reach Tumalog Falls, you can hire a habal-habal (motorcycle taxi) from the town proper. The entrance fee is around PHP 20, and there are cottages available for rent if you want to have a picnic by the falls.
Tips for Visiting Tumalog Falls:
– To avoid the crowds and have the falls to yourself, visit early in the morning.
– Wear comfortable footwear for the short hike to the falls, as the trail can be a bit uneven.
– Consider hiring a habal-habal (motorcycle taxi) from the town proper for convenience.
– Bring a waterproof bag to protect your belongings from the mist generated by the falls.
Recommended Place to Stay: Oslob Garden Stay Beach Resort
– Location: Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu
– Distance to Tumalog Falls: Approximately 10-15 minutes by car
2. Aguinid Falls – Stunning Views
Prepare to be amazed by the natural wonders of Aguinid Falls in Samboan. This multi-level cascade is a sight to behold, with its limestone formations and crystal-clear pools that invite you to take a refreshing plunge. The falls consist of five levels, each with its own unique features and challenges, making it a perfect destination for adventure seekers.
To get to Aguinid Falls, you can take a bus or van from Cebu City to Samboan. The entrance fee is PHP 40, and you’ll need a guide to navigate the different levels safely. Don’t forget to bring your water shoes and waterproof camera to capture the breathtaking beauty of Aguinid Falls.
Tips for Visiting Aguinid Falls:
– Ensure you have a guide to safely navigate the different levels of the falls.
– Wear water shoes to prevent slipping on the sometimes-slippery rock surfaces.
– Don’t forget to bring a waterproof camera to capture the unique features of Aguinid Falls.
– Plan your visit during weekdays or early mornings for a quieter experience.
Recommended Place to Stay: Pebbles Beach Resort
– Location: Brgy. Tangbo, Samboan, Cebu
– Distance to Aguinid Falls: Approximately 10-15 minutes by car
3. Kawasan Falls – An Iconic Waterfall
No list of Cebu waterfalls would be complete without mentioning the iconic Kawasan Falls in Badian. Known for its three-tiered cascades and vibrant blue water, Kawasan Falls is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. You can swim in the cool pools, rent a bamboo raft to get closer to the falls, or even try canyoneering for an adrenaline-packed adventure.
Getting to Kawasan Falls is easy, as it’s a well-known tourist spot. You can take a bus or van from Cebu City to Badian, and the entrance fee is PHP 40. There are also food stalls and accommodations nearby, so you can spend a whole day exploring and enjoying the beauty of Kawasan Falls.
Tips for Visiting Kawasan Falls:
– Consider trying canyoneering for an adrenaline-packed adventure in addition to enjoying the falls.
– Rent a bamboo raft to get closer to the cascades and fully immerse yourself in the experience.
– Explore the nearby food stalls for local delicacies, or pack your own picnic for a leisurely meal.
– If you plan to spend the whole day, there are accommodations available nearby for a convenient stay.
Recommended Place to Stay: Cuestas Beach Resort and Restaurant
– Location: Badian, Cebu
– Distance to Kawasan Falls: Walking distance (located near the falls)
Don’t forget to check our article here- Kawasan Fall Canyoneering.
4. Inambakan Falls: Nature’s Masterpiece
Nestled in the municipality of Ginatilan, Inambakan Falls is a true testament to the beauty of nature. Located approximately 150 kilometers south of Cebu City, this cascading wonder is easily accessible by both private and public transportation and is arguably one of the best fall in Cebu south. The entrance fee is around PHP 20 per person, making it an affordable option for travelers on a budget.
What sets Inambakan Falls apart is its magnificent 100-meter drop, which creates a mesmerizing display of cascading water that is a sight to behold. As you make your way to the falls, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore a hidden cave behind the waterfall, adding an element of adventure to your visit. Surrounding the falls is a lush forest, providing a serene and peaceful ambiance that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Tips for Visiting Inambakan Falls:
– Wear comfortable footwear, as the trail to the falls can be slippery.
– Don’t forget your swimwear, as there are swimming spots where you can take a dip in the cool waters.
– Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a leisurely meal amidst the natural beauty of the falls.
– If you have time, explore the nearby attractions such as the famous Tumalog Falls and Cebu’s stunning beaches.
Recommended Place to Stay: Gravino Pension House
– Location: Ginatilan, Cebu
– Distance to Inambakan Falls: Approximately 10-15 minutes by car
5. Cambais Falls: Nature’s Playground
Located in the municipality of Alegria, Cambais Falls is a paradise for adventure seekers. Getting to this natural wonder requires a bit of effort, but the journey is well worth it. From Cebu City, you can take a bus to Alegria and then hire a habal-habal (motorcycle) to take you to the jump-off point. The entrance fee is approximately PHP 20 per person.
One of the unique features of Cambais Falls is its two-level falls, which create a picturesque landscape that is perfect for photography enthusiasts. The falls also boast natural slides and cliff jumping spots, providing endless opportunities for adrenaline-pumping activities. As you explore the falls, you’ll be surrounded by lush vegetation and towering rock formations, adding to the charm of this natural playground.
Tips for Visiting Cambais Falls:
– Plan your visit during the dry season (March to May) to ensure optimal swimming conditions.
– Bring your own food and drinks, as there are no nearby restaurants or shops.
– If you’re feeling adventurous, try cliff jumping into the crystal-clear waters. Just make sure to follow safety precautions and assess the depth of the water beforehand.
– Consider camping overnight near the falls for a truly immersive experience in nature.
Recommended Place to Stay: Alegria Dive Resort
– Location: Sta. Filomena, Alegria, Cebu
– Distance to Cambais Falls: Approximately 15-20 minutes by car
6. Dao Falls: A Hidden Gem
Nestled in the municipality of Samboan, Dao Falls is a hidden gem that will leave you in awe of its natural beauty. Getting to this secluded paradise requires a short trek, but the tranquility and serenity you’ll find make it all worthwhile. From Cebu City, you can take a bus to Samboan and then hire a habal-habal to take you to the jump-off point. The entrance fee is approximately PHP 20 per person.
What makes Dao Falls truly unique is its towering height of 120 meters, making it one of the tallest falls in Cebu. As you make your way to the falls, you’ll be greeted by a narrow gorge adorned with lush vegetation, creating a picturesque backdrop for your adventure. Once you reach the falls, take a moment to appreciate the breathtaking views and cool off in the refreshing waters.
Tips for Visiting Dao Falls:
– Wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for trekking, as the trail can be steep and slippery.
– Bring insect repellent to ward off any pesky mosquitoes or bugs.
– Don’t forget your camera to capture the mesmerizing beauty of the falls.
– Check the water level before visiting, as heavy rains may make the falls inaccessible.
Recommended Place to Stay: Fantasy Lodge
– Location: Suba, Samboan, Cebu
– Distance to Dao Falls: Approximately 20-25 minutes by car
7. Mantayupan Falls: A Twin Delight
Situated in the municipality of Barili, Mantayupan Falls is a twin delight that will leave you in awe of its natural splendor. Getting to this majestic wonder is relatively easy, as it is located just a few kilometers from the main highway. The entrance fee is around PHP 20 per person, making it an affordable option for travelers.
What sets Mantayupan Falls apart is its two-stage falls, which create a captivating display of cascading water that is a feast for the eyes. Another unique feature of the falls is its fish spa, where you can dip your feet in the cool waters and let the tiny fish give you a relaxing massage. Surrounding the falls is a lush picnic area, perfect for enjoying a leisurely meal amidst nature’s beauty.
Tips for Visiting Mantayupan Falls:
– Visit during weekdays or early mornings to avoid crowds and enjoy the falls in peace.
– Support the local community by purchasing souvenirs from nearby shops, which offer a variety of handmade crafts and local delicacies.
– Take a leisurely stroll along the nature trails surrounding the falls, and keep an eye out for unique flora and fauna.
– Don’t forget your swimsuit, as there are swimming spots where you can take a refreshing dip.
Recommended Place to Stay: Carcar Eco Farm
– Location: Campangga, Barili, Cebu
– Distance to Mantayupan Falls: Approximately 60 minutes by car
For more on Mantayupan Falls check our article – Mantayupan Falls, Cebu – Ultimate Guide.
8. Bugasok Falls: Nature’s Oasis
Nestled in the municipality of Ginatilan, Bugasok Falls is a hidden oasis that will transport you to a world of natural beauty and tranquility. Getting to this majestic wonder requires a short hike through lush forests, but the journey is part of the adventure. The entrance fee is approximately PHP 20 per person.
What makes Bugasok Falls stand out is its 50-meter drop, which creates a mesmerizing display of cascading water that is a sight to behold. As you make your way to the falls, take in the stunning rock formations and lush vegetation that surround you. Once you reach the falls, take a refreshing dip in the cool waters and let the beauty of nature wash over you.
Tips for Visiting Bugasok Falls:
– Visit during the dry season (March to May) to ensure optimal swimming conditions.
– Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear suitable for hiking.
– Pack a reusable water bottle and snacks to keep yourself hydrated and energized during the hike.
– Respect the environment and avoid leaving any trash behind. Let’s keep this oasis pristine for future generations to enjoy.
Recommended Place to Stay: Bugasok Falls Homestay
– Location: Ginatilan, Cebu
– Distance to Bugasok Falls: Walking distance (located near the falls)
9. Montpellier Falls: A Hidden Retreat
Located in the municipality of Alegria, Montpellier Falls is a hidden retreat that offers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Getting to this secluded paradise requires a short trek, but the journey is part of the adventure. The entrance fee is approximately PHP 20 per person.
What sets Montpellier Falls apart is its secluded location, which ensures a serene and relaxing ambiance. Surrounded by lush vegetation and towering cliffs, the falls create a picturesque landscape that is perfect for unwinding and reconnecting with nature. Take a dip in the cool waters, explore the nearby caves, or simply sit back and enjoy the soothing sounds of the cascading water.
Tips for Visiting Montpellier Falls:
– Hire a local guide to ensure a safe and hassle-free trek to the falls.
– Respect the cultural significance of the falls to the local community and follow any guidelines or restrictions in place.
– After visiting the falls, explore the nearby attractions such as the scenic Alegria Heritage Park and the stunning beaches of Moalboal.
– Support the local economy by purchasing souvenirs from nearby shops, which offer a variety of handmade crafts and local delicacies.
Recommended Place to Stay: Alegria Dive Resort
– Location: Alegria, Cebu
– Distance to Montpellier Falls: Approximately 20-25 minutes by car
10. Binalayan Hidden Waterfalls: Nature’s Playground
Located in the municipality of Samboan, Binalayan Hidden Waterfalls is a true hidden gem that offers a unique and thrilling experience. Getting to this natural wonder requires a short hike and a bit of adventure, but the journey is part of the excitement. The entrance fee is approximately PHP 20 per person.
What makes Binalayan Hidden Waterfalls truly special is its hidden cave, which you can explore by swimming through a small opening behind the falls. Once inside, you’ll be greeted by a stunning underground chamber adorned with stalactites and stalagmites, providing a truly magical experience. For the thrill-seekers, there’s also a swing rope that allows you to plunge into the cool waters below, creating a sense of exhilaration and fun.
Tips for Visiting Binalayan Hidden Waterfalls:
– Wear a waterproof bag or bring a dry bag to protect your belongings while exploring the hidden cave.
– Follow the instructions of your guide when entering the cave to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
– Be mindful of your surroundings and practice environmental awareness by not leaving any trash behind.
– Consider purchasing souvenirs from the local community to support their livelihoods and preserve the beauty of the falls.
Recommended Place to Stay: Fantasy Lodge Cebu
– Location: Samboan, Cebu
– Distance to Binalayan Hidden Waterfalls: Approximately 5-10 minutes by car
Don’t just take our word for it, go, and experience the beauty of Cebu’s waterfalls for yourself. Immerse yourself in the natural wonders, feel the rush of adventure, and let the serenity of these waterfalls wash over you. Share your experiences with others and spread the word about these amazing destinations.
Important Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Most Beautiful Waterfall in Cebu?
Kawasan Falls in Badian is often regarded as the most beautiful waterfall in Cebu. With its multi-tiered cascades, turquoise pools, and lush surroundings, it’s a true natural wonder.
What is the Most Famous Fall in Cebu?
Kawasan Falls is also the most famous waterfall in Cebu. Its popularity stems from its stunning beauty, accessibility, and the thrilling canyoneering adventures it offers.
How Many Waterfalls are in Cebu?
Cebu is home to numerous waterfalls, and the exact number can vary depending on the source. However, there are at least 10 well-known waterfalls in Cebu that are worth exploring.
What is the Nearest Falls In Cebu City?
If you’re staying in Cebu City and looking for a nearby waterfall, you can visit the Tumalog Falls in Oslob. It’s approximately a 2-hour drive from the city center and offers a unique experience with its towering curtain of water.
What is the Most Beautiful Falls in the Philippines?
While beauty is subjective, some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Philippines include Tinuy-an Falls in Surigao del Sur, Maria Cristina Falls in Iligan City, and Pagsanjan Falls in Laguna.
What is the Nicest Waterfall in the World?
Determining the nicest waterfall in the world is subjective, as each waterfall has its unique charm. However, some of the most renowned waterfalls globally include Angel Falls in Venezuela, Iguazu Falls in Brazil and Argentina, and Niagara Falls in the United States and Canada.